Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Adopt Don't Shop

   
 Adopt Don't Shop
      There are so many animals in this world who are homeless.   They end up in shelters alone and scared and many are euthanised because there are just too many.  Shelters are over run and have to turn many away.  It is heart breaking to see.  

     Alot of people want purebred animals.  Cats and dogs which is fine if you can find a reputable breeder.   Although pure bred animals have been overbred and many come with a lot of health problems.  For instance German Sheppards, beautiful smart well behaved dogs, their breed has been altered to make them bigger and stronger and it caused many ailments in the dog. The number one cause of shorter life span for them is hip dyplasia.  This is a really good article about the German Shepherd.  It will expalin why some purebred animals have so many health problems.

The History and Origin of the German Shepherd Dog 

  http://gsrelite.co.uk/the-history-origin-of-the-german-shepherd-dog/. 

     I did not rescue my girls from the shelter. Tiger came from a farm where the cats were not spaid and or neurtered.
    

Sookee came from a box on the side of the road with her sister Smokee whos is grey.  

     


    

      Her sister still loves boxes... 
     


     Although cats are jerks and if you own one or three, you know this is why we love them.  Jerks yes, but they are truly grateful for their warm home and well stocked food dish.   These girls are loveable, sweet, bad, short tempered, love me kinda cats. 
    
 As you can tell my girls love yarn.  Love it!  So to keep my yarn clean my husband has come up with this for me.  
      To me there is no greater feeling than cuddling up on the couch with my hook and yarn and cat purring beside me..  Now that it is not to say they dont try to steal the yarn sometimes.  Every now and then I get a wet spot where they have chewed on it.  That makes it all part of the adventure.
     I hope if you decide to adopt you try your shelter first or animals that are homeless on the street.  They are furever grateful.  
   Adopt Don't Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment